Miranex Guest on BusinessCloud 101 Tech Start-up Roundtable
Following the surprise of being selected as one of the UK’s top 101 Rising Stars in Tech, Miranex was invited to participate in a roundtable discussion hosted by BusinessCloud to discuss what it’s like to be building a start-up business in the UK at the moment.
12 start-up companies were invited to the UKFast building in Manchester to discuss topics including recruitment, growth, investment, support and importantly advice that each business would give to other budding entrepreneurs thinking of setting up a business. This advice was captured in a series of interviews shown in the below video:
Companies ranged from established companies who will be valued in the hundreds of millions in the next few years, to incubator stage companies created by recent University graduates with some great ideas. Sector ranged from IoT (Internet of Things) to shopping and dating apps, and from legal to construction. Here are a list of all those that participated:
- Jordan Appleson, chief executive officer, Hark
- Michael Lawes, co-founder and director, BizzleIt
- Alex Durrant, co-founder, JigTalk
- Adam Curtis, CEO, Hoowla
- David Shepherdson, Kaini Industries
- Dan Kelsall, founder, Vonkel
- Edward Green, director, Miranex
- Elizabeth Clark co-founder, Dream Agility
- John Cushing, founder, Opun
- Sébastien Vanderlinden, Business Development Manager, Dreamr
- Richard Torpey, director, Yellow Label
- Jess Jeetly, Founder, CEO. Jeetly
- Francis Nwokedi, Wondrwall
- Chris Maguire, editor, BusinessCloud (chairman)
Edward Green, Managing Director of Miranex said “It was a pleasant surprise to be invited to discuss these important issues to start-up companies. The range of support that is available really helps keep you motivated and focussed on creating a successful business.” He found that “hearing the experience and advice from the other business leaders was insightful especially as some had already made and lost millions on previous companies.”
Following the roundtable, the roundtable companies met the other finalists of the 101 Tech Disrupters and 101 Tech Rising Stars in the conference hosted by BusinessCloud Editor Chris Maguire, which featured an opening speech by successful start-up entrepreneur and CEO of UKFast, Laurence Jones.
Find out more about our Services.
Read more about remote desktop benefits.